Discuss FARM INSTALLATION- First Time in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Lenny
May I clarify that the posts 19 and 20 relate to the earlier discussion about the use of 3 pole or 4 pole main isolators and are not an answer to my question on Single Pole RCBOs in post 20!
Pete

They are, yes. But, the impedance of the earth path on a TT system from the installation end back to the supply Tx, can be extremely high as it is via the general mass of earth.

Also, in a TT system, the impedance between the MET and the general mass of earth (via the MEC & earth electrode(s)) and consequently the star point of the supply transformer can be very high (20ohms). In TN-S and TN-C-S this impedance is much lower (0.8 & 0.35ohms respectively) because the MET is directly connected to the star point of the transformer via the supplied earth or neutral conductors.

:clap:Lenny I've gotta be fair to you mate, the way you answer peoples questions Rocks. :icon4:

Hi Hasel5

What about them?

The Main DB is on a TN-C-S supply so sp rcbos protecting sockets is OK.

So the question is - is a single pole (only the live is switched but both poles sensed) rcbo acceptable for protecting a sub board which is TT?

Cheers
Pete

Yes, its acceptable to use a Rcbo for protecting a TT circuit in some instances.

Regards Chris

Reply to FARM INSTALLATION- First Time in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All I'm new here. I have just finished my NVQ and waiting to do my AM2. I have a question on selectivity as it has always slightly confused me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
This thread is in relation to the job at the farm I am thinking of taking on (3 phase thread). At present the farm is all PME. I believe it needs...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi there , Currently doing a college project where i need to select protective devices for the contract. I'm now at the point of selecting SPDs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock