Discuss fit rate!!!!!!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

maybe they've given up on the appeal now damage is done? I thought it was going to work the other way around so that you get a back payment if they lose?

DECC have said that the full rate will apply until they bring in legislation following a successful appeal to the Supreme Court which would reset the rate from 12th December to 21p. Without that legislation (amended Standard Conditions) electricity suppliers should be paying the full rate.

My take on this was that systems installed 12th Dec- 3rd March would receive 43.3p until end of March, then they would drop down to 21p.
If the Government lose the appeal or do not even bother then those systems will revert back to the 43.3p for 25yrs.
Am I right Ted?

TedM is correct, as that is what the DECC state on their website. They don't however say it will revert to 21p if they win the appeal, only that they reserve the right to reduce it at some point in the future if they win the appeal.

On 31 October 2011 as part of Phase 1 of the review it was announced that the review
would incorporate a further consideration of solar PV tariffs in response to evidence of a
significant fall in solar PV costs at all scales and higher than anticipated uptake, with a view
to making any changes to tariffs on 1 April 2012. It was proposed that installations with an
eligibility date between 12 December 2011 and 31 March 2012 would receive current tariffs
in that period, and new tariffs thereafter.

Just copied this, as this was how it was, but I guess it must have been changed.
How much more complex is this industry going to get??

Up to now the FiT rates could only ever be changed by DECC either publishing a new set of Standard Conditions and laying them before Parliament for 40 days without them being thrown out or by them introducing an amendment to the FiTs legislation directly. I'm not sure if this will still be the process once the 1st July rate changes kick-in. DECC may have other legislation changes in the pipeline to make the future frequent changes easier.

The 21p rate from 3rd March and the new rates from April 1st have been put through this but the intended change from 12th December has never been through this process. The legal proceedings have prevented it from happening as it would have been a retrospective change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to fit rate!!!!!!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net