Discuss Fluke 1645B, is it able to do a 2 lead Zs test? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lazlo

Thinking of getting either a Fluke 1654B or a Megger 1720 as my Metrel is doing my head in when having to use three leads for looping light fittings and it takes ages carrying out no trip Zs tests etc. Can the Fluke do a 2 lead Zs, if not I might as well just go for the Megger and be done with it?

I don't know as I always plug all three on, I'm out playing in my band tonight but I'll be back in at around 10pm so will try then.

i know you can change it with the button on the left, I'll try it and let you know.

why don't you get yourself a set of light mates? They are good and it's nice and quick with them.

Ive got the 1720. 2 Lead Zs gives wildly high readings, almost double 3 lead sometimes. For example today I did a DB change and in my test lights gave 0.78 on 3 Lead and 1.31 on 2 lead?. I was saying about it to area engineer on recent NAPIT assessment and he said "well, it's calibrated, just record it!"

I'll give the lightmates a go, found a whole kit for £42 on ebays, having my hands free is all I really need so I can get good contact in the the CPC terminal. That doesn't sound very good, don't want to pay loads for a new tester that gives less accurate results... Maybe the Fluke is more accurate on 2 lead Zs???

Last edited by a moderator:
All these "no trip" tests read high. Even my old 1502 three lead test was always higher than 2 lead HI test. These low current tests are not at all accurate and I don't know how they meet calibration requirements.

Reply to Fluke 1645B, is it able to do a 2 lead Zs test? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Im a RECI contractor based in Co Sligo, Ireland . I was doing erroneous testing on a domestic board which gave me readings between 90V-...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Background Two weeks ago, lightning struck a tree in our yard. Many circuits tripped and several electronic devices failed. There was a strong...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock