Discuss Fluke 1652 & Robin SL Leads in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a Fluke 1652 which has the old style "Robin SL" test leads with the clip on fused croc clips/probe.

Unfortunately one of my leads has recently become damaged giving me some wildly inaccurate readings (refuses to zero and if you hold test button down on continuity test and waggle lead when they are shorted the figure jumps between 0 & 1.8ohms). The other 2 leads and my remote button lead seem fine and zero as they should.

Can anyone recommend a set of leads which the clip on fused probes will fit onto reliably? I know they are a common 4mm lantern fitment but they fit snug to the small finger guard ridge on the plain test lead, will they fit this well on other brands of leads as I don't seem to be able to source a replacement Robin lead too easily.

Failing that can anyone reccomend a decent full replacement set of fused leads that are good quality (not cheap crap) but don't break the bank either as the up to date Fluke leads are in the region of £95 and I don't like the look of them.

Funny how something as simple as test leads has me so unsure, but when you're using them day in day out you need something that you gel with.

Cheers - James

Last edited:

Reply to Fluke 1652 & Robin SL Leads in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Bloody specific fitting megger test leads! I've lost 2 of my megger probes now. I have plenty of crocodile clips and the long, thin, bendy probe...
Replies
Views
Looking to replace my current generic test leads that are starting to show signs of variable readings. I also find the crocodile clips don't tend...
Replies
Views
Hi There, Just invested in a Fluke 1664FC multifunction tester in the hope of gaining accurate - repeatable results but unfortunately it's not...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, Anyone know if or where I can get new mains test leads for the Robin 1630? I saw a post of a few years ago about some merger leads that...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've just purchased a Fluke 1654B Mft, and on further inspection I've realized it has been supplied with fused Robin test leads...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock