Discuss FST-11a TimeGuard help or replace? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

socketman

DIY
Reaction score
Had 2 of these in my house - both appear dead and no longer responding. They would be out of warranty

Anythign to check on these besides fuse - are they prone to just break

ANyone recommend somethign to replace them with that may be more reliable?

I thought Timeguard were reasonably well regarded. The Greenbrook one's Screwfix sell are even worse to judge by the reviews!
I see the FST11 is now obsolete - maybe that tells us something?
The recent models are FST24 (same timing every day), or FST77 (different timings for each day of the week possible)
I've been using a wifi one with no problems.

PS I believe there is a 'backup' battery in the FST11 which might be u/s. I vaguely remember a thread about this but can't find it. Maybe I'm thinking of a different product. I think the battery is soldered in, but can be replaced if you have the kit.

I thought Timeguard were reasonably well regarded. The Greenbrook one's Screwfix sell are even worse to judge by the reviews!
I see the FST11 is now obsolete - maybe that tells us something?
The recent models are FST24 (same timing every day), or FST77 (different timings for each day of the week possible)
I've been using a wifi one with no problems.

PS I believe there is a 'backup' battery in the FST11 which might be u/s. I vaguely remember a thread about this but can't find it. Maybe I'm thinking of a different product. I think the battery is soldered in, but can be replaced if you have the kit.
2. Battery The unit has an in-built non-replaceable, rechargeable battery, which will keep the programmed times during power down situations for up to 4 weeks. The guarantee period was 5 years.

Had 2 of these in my house - both appear dead and no longer responding. They would be out of warranty

Anythign to check on these besides fuse - are they prone to just break

ANyone recommend somethign to replace them with that may be more reliable?
I've had so far no call backs ever on timeguard FST24. dont use the greenbrook ones, they die after a year

2. Battery The unit has an in-built non-replaceable, rechargeable battery, which will keep the programmed times during power down situations for up to 4 weeks. The guarantee period was 5 years.
Just a note on Timeguard they WERE well regarded, I always trusted them, however had major issues with the Timeguard LED floodlights 10 been replaced to date, customer service is still spot on, all replaced no problem, but does not cover the time taken replacing them each time, this is what happens with them. See photos, returned a faulty one so they could test it, then scilence.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    937.5 KB · Views: 7
  • ANT_3523 copy.jpgweb.jpg
    763.5 KB · Views: 7

Reply to FST-11a TimeGuard help or replace? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net