Search the forum,

Discuss general testing questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who can tell, maybe the next edition of the regs will make it clearer or an updated GN 8, think that one is still in the 16th.
One of the best things about this thread, that maybe a few other posters could learn from, is that there has been people taking opposing views and arguing their case but never once has there been a derogatory comment...

- i'm waiting for one now;)

no comment. still licking wounds after being undercut on what would have been a nice job

Spoke to IET the other day, now Richards colleague has a differing opinion. He agrees with what ive stated and agrees some clarification in the new GN3 would be useful.

Ive also sent an email, but no reply as yet.

Spoke to IET the other day, now Richards colleague has a differing opinion. He agrees with what ive stated and agrees some clarification in the new GN3 would be useful.

Ive also sent an email, but no reply as yet.

Yep the old 2 answers thing again lol at least it is a fairly minor point i suppose. I still have not had an answer to my 2nd question either. Be very interested to see what they reply to you. Maybe they are all going to go down the pub and have a chat about it ;)

Yep the old 2 answers thing again lol at least it is a fairly minor point i suppose. I still have not had an answer to my 2nd question either. Be very interested to see what they reply to you. Maybe they are all going to go down the pub and have a chat about it

You wont be far wrong there, as for the 0.05 Paul could not give a definitive answer other than its a test between two points and shows a good sound connection.

Hi Chris,
Well at least he didn't contradict himself. Sounds a bit like they have still not decided but pretty obvious that your points are all valid so well done to you in seeing the inconsistency of the arguements. Be interesting to see what they come up with in a new GN3, mind i don't think they have even published a GN8 to the 17th, so no idea when a review of a 17th updated one will be lol

BTW I never even received a reply to my email asking about the origins of the 0.05Ω value and how it was calculated :(

regards Pushrod

Reply to general testing questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net