Discuss generator on remote farm in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

John Bunning

hi guys new here.
installing a 3 ph genny set on a remote farm.bells and whistles set.
purchase from recivers so no history. but a very good set in a1 nick.
got it working. its got plc control .sussed that out with help from DEEP SEA ELECTRONICS.
what i am looking for is a unit that will kick in the generator on demand.
an sort of add on to the existing control.[we have no mains supply on site to remote]
1 [set is on standby a waiting signel to start ]in auto mode
2 circuit is made [switch on a light] genny kicks in runs till light is switched off
i need a supplies of this bit of kit its out there
apprecate any advise help cheers berts boys [my first boss was called mr bert]
i.e. berts boys he had 16 pairs of sparks on the book how times have changed ?

I think you'll struggle to find such a piece of kit, although it's not a bad idea, switch on a light and the Genny kicks in!
Can't you just make do with a remote start switch/switches that you can operate before you switch on the light/whatever?

hi thanks for replying. i can do the remote switch .but if we had the auto start think what a great way of saving fuel. there is a bit of kit on the market, the guy i am doing the work for is adament.?
he a bit of a tight wad as most millionares are.the genny set has the capacity to start via the net [modem] check all the engine and output stuff. but i want local kick in auto when a load is applied to the installation .its got to be possable me thinks .the set has a main mcb with a sort of pilot switch so most of the gear is built in .just need a sendsor on the existing installation to say a service has been activated.

A good find!

Now your client will need to balance the £600 plus installation costs against the potential savings!

look like the kit i need just need to find a supplier ? . as for dosh sould be ok. worked for this guy for 40 years yes 40. only got 5 year to pension day but still working as hard as ever. dont think i will ever retire till they nail down the lid .its in your blood crack on .even then go up top .hi just the man can you sort these gates [pearly ones] or on the other hand get that furnace sorted [burner lock out] haahaah happy days

Reply to generator on remote farm in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net