Discuss got a call today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glasgospark

self employed spark had fitted rcd protected DB to replace 3036 board

after fitting everything plugged in to a socket and turned on would trip rcd , on both rings and when the heating switched on

declined the job to busy and KNACKERED/GRUMPY today but wondering what you guys think , it was a rcd main switch so no dual rcds to worry about getting neutral in the right bar

Self employed Spark............................... Domestic installer more like, not experienced enough to be working unsupervised and shat his panties when he switched everything on and circuits wouldn't hold. What an absolute burk!

Edited: True story haha

Did the 'self employed spark' not properly inspect + test and issue an EIC when doing the board change?

Nothing should be tripping if he had done the job properly.

Guaranteed the 'spark' can't sign his own work off - so the likleyhood of their being an EIC is probably nill.

self employed spark had fitted rcd protected DB to replace 3036 board

after fitting everything plugged in to a socket and turned on would trip rcd , on both rings and when the heating switched on

declined the job to busy and KNACKERED/GRUMPY today but wondering what you guys think , it was a rcd main switch so no dual rcds to worry about getting neutral in the right bar

So its a non compliant board too them?

Was first fixing a kitchen today and got talking to the homeowner, and he said they had there house rewired last year. However when i was stripping out the old sockets they were red/black cables so i asked the extent of the rewire and they said complete rewire to which i showed them the old cables. They were not shocked because apparently the guy fitted a double socket in the hallway but didnt run any cables to it just screwed the front on so they thought it worked, i didnt think at the time but should of asked about certs

Was first fixing a kitchen today and got talking to the homeowner, and he said they had there house rewired last year. However when i was stripping out the old sockets they were red/black cables so i asked the extent of the rewire and they said complete rewire to which i showed them the old cables. They were not shocked because apparently the guy fitted a double socket in the hallway but didnt run any cables to it just screwed the front on so they thought it worked, i didnt think at the time but should of asked about certs

Hahaha!

Maybe it was bluetooth.

cant say i have ever had trouble upgrading any dbs apart from 1 borrowed neutral , done 100s .

but surely in this case IF even IR was done and it showed <1Mohm then would this indicate the rcd would definetly trip ?

when I upgraded my city and guilds I met some guys who were getting into the trade, lets just say from talking to them I wondered what kind of work they were going to produce after they have paid their £6000.00 for their qualification to become self employed, that kind of work wil be increasingly popular in years to come, good for us decent sparks though

what would you say to the customer who has just paid a spark to fit a rcd 17th board ? everythings tripping can you come fix it

most likely going to need partial rewired do you agree ?

and when the here that R word they C**p themselves

and we look the bad ones :S

Reply to got a call today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net