Discuss Heating a Copper Tube via Nichrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I wanted to heat up a .5" copper tube that is approximately 15cm long up to about 250 C. I would like to use nichrome to do this, but I know that I will have to use an insulator of some type between the nichrome and the copper tubing. Would JB Weld work? If I lathered the copper tube with JB Weld high heat epoxy, and then wrapped the nichrome after it dries, would the heat transfer correctly?

The JB Weld can withstand up to 500C according to the box. There's a high temperature heating fluid inside the copper tubing that I am trying to heat up to about `200C, accounting for some heat loss, I'm trying to get the wire up to 250C. I just want to know if JB Weld has any conductive material so that the wire can heat up properly.

Reply to Heating a Copper Tube via Nichrome in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
I have absolutely zero experience with MVHR. The issue I have in my own home is as follows. Log fired burner in kitchen supplies hot water and...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
I would like my plan checked by a professional. This project is a semi-open pavilion with a load center approximately 100 feet away. I am rating...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Budding DIY enthusiast fascinated with how things work - and, to a lesser degree, fixing things that are not working. I suppose my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock