Discuss Help needed filling out eic. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

1billy wiz

Hi there,

I am a fully qualified sparks before we get started.im installing a new circuit for camera supply's at a train station.its a 10 amp b crabtree the main switch is 100amp crabtree fed from a mains board on a 50amp type 2 single pole breaker.obviously I know how to carry out tests & sequence but were I'm struggling is finding the bs numbers for these breakers as they are not displayed & I know this could be simple stuff for guys who fill out certs regular, but I need some help in what to put down or where I can source info?
Any help highly appreciated cheer's

10A type B is a 60898 and the 50A type 2 is a 3871.

Last edited:
Yes should be. Big fingers and a small phone are to blame for the typo :)

Yes should be. Big fingers and a small phone are to blame for the typo :)

nice one sintra! What about 100amp ms?? Going another station tonight so I will inspect the sides of the casing if I can disconnect surrounding breakers as some are in operation for track equipment.

Suppose I can google the numbers & get ka ratings.

thanks again guy's my expieriance on filling out is little

Cheers sintra,
I was going to record the sp&n board as supply characteristics with protective device being the main db 50 amp breaker.is this ok?
i can't source the exact origin as all these boards are together & the main db has a cert saying fed from isolator with no address or ref & could be to a sub station out of my duristiction.think I'm over thinking abit now.

Supply characteristics are the origin of the installation,not the sub db.Regardless of practicalities you should be able to ascertain supply characterisics,if you REALLY cant you will have to note it as a limitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
As it is a train station, make sure your breaker breaking capacity is above the PSSC/PEFC, it could be 10kA instead of the usual 6kA, don't get caught out.

Cheers............Howard

Cheers wire puller.
spoke to a friend domestic installer he threw me as his supply's are obviously straight in.
it says to enquire I did try looking for on available certs & tables but there is no saying wether it be tns or cs.
What is the number for dno?? Is it easy to obtain this or should I lim it??

nice one sintra! What about 100amp ms?? Going another station tonight so I will inspect the sides of the casing if I can disconnect surrounding breakers as some are in operation for track equipment.

Suppose I can google the numbers & get ka ratings.

thanks again guy's my expieriance on filling out is little

Billy - Please put that bloody breaker back in - I've been stuck for 30 min on a signal failure, and it's getting late! :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Help needed filling out eic. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net