Discuss Help needed with mini fridge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ok so let me begin with i bought this mini fridge off walmart and now im in israel where the outlet is different andi wanted to use the mini fridge and a friend told me if you have a ps4 cable that should do fine and when i plugged in the mini fridge it worked fine but after 5 mins or so i heared a "puff" sound from the fridge and a smoke came out i immediatly disconnected it so my question is it possible to fix it? or maybe change its circut to another one or what exactly broke in there maybe i can find a electrician to fix it? please help

What voltage rating is the fridge, and what is your local supply voltage?

Oh and welcome to the forum!

From the picture on Walmart, 120v ac input.

from google, israel electricity is 230v ac.

it sounds like the best thing to do is hold a small funeral for your robot fridge and dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way. Or use it as an ornament or door stop.

It is worth noting that many of the devices you have purchased in the states will be destroyed if you plug them in to the mains in israel.

you need to check that each device (look at the specifications label) lists 230v 50hz as one of the options.

often it is written as a range I.e. input: 90v to 240v 50/60hz

Reply to Help needed with mini fridge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am in a bit of a pinch at the moment and trying to argue a massive amount of used of electricity with my provider which I find it hard to...
Replies
Views
We are working on updating a house from 1981. A little backstory about the house: the previous owner bought it new and, based on stories from...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I'm an idiot homeowner who has enough knowledge to be dangerous.. I tried to make my own shortcut by tinkering and I seem to just be...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have this problem that I've been trying to figure out all week. On friday I had a 5 tail economy 7 smart meter installed and every...
Replies
Views
Hello forum. I am new here and seeking some expert advice. I am trying to make some DIY led light strips that will be controlled via DMX. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock