Discuss HELP: passed c+g 2330 parts 1+2- but boss says I'm still not qualified!!?? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnsie

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I went to college and took my city and guilds, at the end of the first year I found employment and continued the course.

I passed my City and Guilds parts 1 + 2, but now my boss has said I'm not qualified until I do an NVQ3.

Is this right?? If so please tell me how I can do my NVQ3 and how much it would cost.

thanks

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
M

montybaber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the definition of being qualified varies from person to person but ultimately its your employer that decides in this instance

Just to let you know I have no NVQ3 and a hell of a lot of sparks I know havent either, a lot of apprenticeships such as mine didnt go down that road (maybe showing my age lol) and City and guilds qualifications as well as a structured apprenticeship where I was practically assessed every day by the engineers I worked with (with no need for a log book) but I would define myself as qualified (as a maintenance electrician).

The NVQ debate has been going on a while round here (have a search) but if your boss is prepared to put you through then why not?

Hope that is some help

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to HELP: passed c+g 2330 parts 1+2- but boss says I'm still not qualified!!?? in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom