Discuss I am looking for some advice. My boiler and tv seem to trip for a few seconds almost every day. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

RyanMunn

DIY
Reaction score
They are going off and back on but not tripping at the fuse box. Could anybody tell me what could be the cause and if this is dangerous? Thanks

I would get your support checked out - could be a lose connection somewhere. If it was just one appliance I would suggest trying it on another circuit.

I would get your support checked out - could be a lose connection somewhere. If it was just one appliance I would suggest trying it on another circuit.
Thanks. As it only does it for a couple of seconds I dont know if it is all of the downstairs sockets as i dont know when its going to happen to try an appliance in a different one.

Are they both doing this at the same time?

It could be that the boiler is switching on/off and the TV is susceptible to glitches on the supply.

Are they both doing this at the same time?

It could be that the boiler is switching on/off and the TV is susceptible to glitches on the supply.
Yes both at the same time. I hear the boiler ticking off and on and the tv going black and back on. It is an old boiler (about 23 years old) not sure if that could be the problem

Yes both at the same time. I hear the boiler ticking off and on and the tv going black and back on. It is an old boiler (about 23 years old) not sure if that could be the problem
I think DPG has a likely explanation! Interference supression in an older boiler might be absent, or not meet current standards.
Are you watching terrestrial or satellite channels, or internet streaming?
If terrestrial TV, worth checking the wiring of the aerial plug, in case a poor connection is responsible for a weak signal!

Reply to I am looking for some advice. My boiler and tv seem to trip for a few seconds almost every day. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net