Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss immersion heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Went to a job last thing tonight was meant to be a storage heater turned up an it was an ea7 with imersion heater

When te women turned boast on from ea7 for imersion heater the ea7 went boooom didnt blow the fuse

I ir circuit amd all clear. changed stat as corroded

Still booom when boast goes on.

If its a faulty element would this make the ea7 go booom??

Personally i wouldnt this it would but...?

I am going back tomorrow so i will continuity test elememt

I got the call on my way home so it was a quick test to see what i would meed for tmrw. + My mind wad in hurry mode as i was in a rush tk get back. Just one of those things u think about when driving then i thought but would a faulty element make the ea7 go booom

Exactly. But what baffles me is how can someone be an electrician but does not have basic English skills?? The word boost is not hard to spell but yet the op keeps writing boast.
yes well there was this one time when me and Leigh had to go find out why this boiler wasn`t working...lol
Mr. Poland had been in there and had spent nearly 2 hours trying to get the boiler to work...what he obviously couldn`t understand was why when he had a voltage at the FCU why it wouldn`t run...lolffs..honestly..
anyway , turned out he`d been useless at english and the tennant had been trying to get this emptyhead to leave
so Mr. Poland decided to go down to the cellar and start arsing about in the C/U..lol...loads of neutrals in the wrong terminations...most of them loose n all..lol..
just couldn`t grasp english either...language or wiring..lol...

Saw on that cowboy trap program on bbc1 last week, a couple in scotland got shafted by a polish builder - apart from his appauling workmanship and lack of understanding for the building regs...he had a translater go around every job with him in the van so he could communicate.

Without getting onto the foreign workers in our country debate, the one thing i think we can all agree on is - If they're working in our country, especially S/E learn the bloody language.

Saw on that cowboy trap program on bbc1 last week, a couple in scotland got shafted by a polish builder - apart from his appauling workmanship and lack of understanding for the building regs...he had a translater go around every job with him in the van so he could communicate.

Without getting onto the foreign workers in our country debate, the one thing i think we can all agree on is - If they're working in our country, especially S/E learn the bloody language.
listen man...their everyware now...loads of johnny fives goin round doing installs....lol...
hell of a lot of remedial work...

Does the hot tank have 2 elements, 1 for E7 and 1 for boost?
If not does the hot water get hot over night when E7 is on?

If they can't speak the lingo, why do people let them do work on their houses????

If the stat was corroded the element is leaking and needs changing.

If you disconnect the live from the stat to the element and it stops going Boooom, then it's the element, no I.R testing required.

If the stat was corroded the element is leaking and needs changing.

If you disconnect the live from the stat to the element and it stops going Boooom, then it's the element, no I.R testing required.
safe isolation testing required though.....
assuming its an electrician he should be conversant with that procedure..

otherwise its `old trusty`..

49a4e14e99429cf17489f850545e0937.jpg

as sherlock once said. " once you have eliminated the impossible, then the answer must be the bloody obvious". ( misquote copyrighted 11.30am, 19/01/13 )

Reply to immersion heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net