Discuss Immersun.....Yet another Thread? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Berneray

Evening guys....

Just wondering how the Immersun is performing in real life.

We finally took delivery of our first dozen unit last week so are madly running around retro fitting them.

We have not sold a pv system to a customer with a suitable tank that have not taken the Immersun unit along with it.

And I've have tried to manage their expectations of how they will work over the next four months or so. Told them not to expect much until the days get longer and brighter.

But I'm just wondering if the folks on here are getting any feedback from installs earlier in the year. It would be interesting to find out.

We are completely sold on the concept......just hope they work in the real world.....

Do you think an Immersun unit coupled with a 4kwp system on a south roof will outperform a standard solar thermal system......as our wholesaler told me on the phone earlier this week...

And while I'm on the Thermodynamic bandwagon do you think the same system bearing in mind the running costs would out perform a ThermoDynamic panel system which might cost £5000 plus...

For my money the cost of installing a 4kpw pv system with Immersun plus FIT is such an easy case to argue.....while I am completely lost trying to build a case for Thermo Dynamic panels....

I have installed a few, but i do wonder how long it would really take to pay back the £500 installed price in real life situations. A family heating the water twice a day, how much gas are they saving over the year. I would be surprised if it saved £50 a year on average. Therefore a ten year payback?

Reply to Immersun.....Yet another Thread? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net