Discuss Induction Hob and Double Oven Diversity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mpb

-
Reaction score
Could someone just check my maths and thinking please.

Induction Hob 7.2kw = 7200/230 = 31.3 A
Double Oven 6.6kw = 6600/230 = 28.7A

Total Load = 60A

Apply diversity

10A + 30% of remaining load

60 - 10 = 50 x 30% = 15A

Diversivified load = 10 + 15 = 25A

So a 6mm T&E on a 32A MCB will be ok

Many thanks

Martin

Would you apply diversity to both appliances individually?

Also I know some suppliers of induction hobs/ovens say no diversity allowed? (Neff is one I know of)

Personally I would run 2x supplies

Are you just practicing here or are you designing a circuit?

The reason I ask is we use diversity in domestic realm to calculate the overall demand of the complete installation, to put diversity on final circuits would need knowledge of when the loads may exceed a calculated diversified value and the length of time this would occur...

As an oven is a fixed load it can be on for 10mins before the stat level is reach and it switches the elements on and off...I wouldn't apply any diversity here.
The hob has a more flexible diversity but again it can be the case that you have 4 pans on all been heated up together before the stats start to control the load ..again IMHO I wouldn't apply any diversity when gauging the cable size and mcb.

Thanks for your replays.

Its an existing kitchen that the gas hob has failed, so they are looking at upgrading to an induction hob and there's already a 6mm to the oven, so they are looking for the cheapest solution.

I would go with induction hob and gas oven, that way a power cut still allows food to be cooked plus the electric hob reduces the risk of fire as the oven has a contained controlled flame.

But as in my post 6 .. whichever way go - don't apply diversity on your cable and mcb ratings or you may get a call out on xmas day because they lost power while roasting the turkey.

Reply to Induction Hob and Double Oven Diversity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net