Discuss Insignia estate to replace transit ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Intregal and ADT are not the only ones who drive estate vehicles. Honeywell, Haven Fire also do. If your are more of an installer i would be inclined to stick with a van over an estate car.

I ran round in a Focus estate for many a year, till i outgrew it. There are many advantages to running a car, it is more comfortable, quicker, better on fuel, cheaper to insure etc etc. The only downside i found was having to take all my kit out every night, as a car is easier for pikey scum and other lowlife to get into. generally fixing additional security devices to a van is more practical than doing it to a car, because we don't run a van for its looks, and usually additional security is seen as a plus when you sell it on. I somehow can't see many potential purchasers of your Insignia being too impressed with a great big high security lock fixed to the tailgate, and a "no tools left in this vehicle overnight" sticker on the boot, when the time comes to move it on.

Cheers………..Howard

About 15 years ago,i had my van (transit) stolen and lost £13,000+ of my precious tackle....I had a year out larking and vowed not to put as many eggs in one basket again. On re-entering the world-of-toil,i decided to work out of a big 4WD and it was my best decision yet. I take the expensive items out at night,i still have the 5 seats with a tidy,7 with an empty,have a heavy-duty roof bar set,and can tow me 3.5 t trailer when more gear is required. It means you have to be precise in the gear carried for each seperate job,but it can be done. I see no reason why your estate idea would be any harder. I have a couple of friends who ran vans,and thought i was mad not replacing the van,one's a farrier,and the other is in my area of fun...they both work out of 4WD's now...

I've merged the user account 'Jaxo' with the 'JW Elect' account that you're using now. All the post made by Jaxo now belong to JW Elect and the Jaxo account no longer exists.

Thanks Marvo, I appreciate that ! .. Can I be a pain and ask if you could change the JW Elect username to Jaxo as this was the one I was wanting to keep :)

About 15 years ago,i had my van (transit) stolen and lost £13,000+ of my precious tackle....I had a year out larking and vowed not to put as many eggs in one basket again. On re-entering the world-of-toil,i decided to work out of a big 4WD and it was my best decision yet. I take the expensive items out at night,i still have the 5 seats with a tidy,7 with an empty,have a heavy-duty roof bar set,and can tow me 3.5 t trailer when more gear is required. It means you have to be precise in the gear carried for each seperate job,but it can be done. I see no reason why your estate idea would be any harder. I have a couple of friends who ran vans,and thought i was mad not replacing the van,one's a farrier,and the other is in my area of fun...they both work out of 4WD's now...

What 4wd you uses

Reply to Insignia estate to replace transit ??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net