Discuss Is my wiring ok? for the schneider xb4 on off switch? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Fellow PC users

Can anyone confirm y wiring is okay for this on/off switch?

It works okay and im happy

But just seeing if anyone else thinks differently and making sure its safe

Does work ok though!

adam

Attachments

• schneider xb light switch pin out.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 27
The issue here is you have DP switching, and presumably that was chosen for isolation when off, but the indicator means you still have some connection between the supply and load in the off position.

Now if the neutral is very much safe and never going to become far above earth potential that is not a significant risk, and I am guessing this is not anything safety-critical (a whole lot of extra problems to consider), but in that case why not use SP switching?

TL;DR: For DP switching the indicator should be on both load-side terminals.

Looking at it suggests it will never function because no matter the switch position one pole will always be open. In the off position the neutrals are open but in the on position the lines are open.
Edit. He states it does work?

Last edited:
Guys

Thats how ive wired it and i did that diagram as its in my enclosure and was hard to take a pic!

So what the rightway?

From what I can tell, the indicator light will be on when the switch is off, and off when the switch is on!
But whatever the load is, it cannot be working as @westward10 states.
Unless the switch is not the one pictured.

From what I can tell, the indicator light will be on when the switch is off, and off when the switch is on!
But whatever the load is, it cannot be working as @westward10 states.
Unless the switch is not the one pictured.
I've looked it up and it shows the correct switch. It's possible in its non activated state it should be illuminated but it would be good to know it's purpose as it is a momentary switch.

HI Guys!

SUPER SORRY!

The use is for switching on my CNC Build control panel! To power up the boards and internal 240v-24v power supplys!

Its been a hard 2 x weeks and its as seen in the pics!

It is wired the same as the diagram but both contacts are NO ones

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 15
P.S:

When switched off: NO LED IS ON!

When Turned to the right one x turn the LED is ON And working good!

I was just wondering if it has been done right? I mean it does work right!

And finally here is the correct diagram off how ive got it working ok

Just wondered if it was right

thanks for your replys! ?

Screenshot 2021-06-26 162152.jpg

Do you have the full part number you ordered /used as XB4 is the prefix to a LOT of switches, some of which seem to be only rated for 24v AV/DC.
EDIT I can now see 240v and 2A on the side, so if you used that exact one then it's ok on that front.

I have to say the datasheets I've looked at seem to have everything but a schematic on them, but having the full part number would be a good start to offering further advice.

Reply to Is my wiring ok? for the schneider xb4 on off switch? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net