Discuss Is this Saniflo wiring safe and compliant with regulations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AdrianR

DIY
Reaction score
Hello.

I would like to know if from a safety perspective the wiring of the saniflo (see all 3 attached pictures) is good or not. If not can someone point to regulations that cover such jobs in bathrooms?

Background: This is a Saniflo replacement and rewiring. Intuitively I would say this is unsafe (scenario: one has too many beers, pees by mistake on the box in the picture...). Should such switches and wiring be left exposed in bathrooms?

Adrian

Many thanks,

Saniflo Wiring #1.jpg

Attachments

• Saniflo Wiring #2.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 39
  • Saniflo Wiring #3.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 41
The problem with switches in bath or shower rooms, as your wet you are more at risk. Removing the switch, on something like a hot water tap, removes the chances of someone toggling it while wet. I prefer switchless as there's less points of ingress too.

I don't think anyone will touch it down there and is it at any more risk of being pee'd on than a towel dripping into the spur of a heated rail?

People will pee anywhere if they are drunk enough.

Unless you know in advance which model, which side the flex is, and manage to get first fix in before the builder tiles the wall then it can be hard to provide power neatly to Saniflos. The further away you go from the toilet and plumbing the longer the flex becomes and the messier it looks, and trunking on tiles doesn't look great.

Anyway, assuming there's no bath/shower in such a narrow room I don't see any immediate issues.
If you have concerns it would probably be fairly simple to fit one of these but I wouldn't say it is required to meet any regulations or that whoever fitted what's there did a bad job.

1665654966563.png

Reply to Is this Saniflo wiring safe and compliant with regulations? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net