Discuss LED light fixture trouble connecting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mac Inger

DIY
Reaction score
Hey electricians. Apologies for jumping on a question first round in but this LED light fixture is driving me slightly insane.

It has a dimming/color temperature changing driver that also runs bluetooth via a remote.

Driver IN has 3 wires:

White - Neutral
1 Blue, 1 brownishpurple - Both marked as Live

I have connected the Neutral to Neutral on the wall and i have tried either the Brown or the Blue OR both on the hot wire. Nothing.

Out of the driver there are three wires heading to a connecter and then to the light fixture. Testing with a very simple indicator (don't have a Fluke) shows no power out of the driver but maybe its my crappy indicator.

Weirdly, the driver says: Output DC42-82V but on the lamp it says rated voltage 120V.

Bought it once had this problem, returned it and this is the new unit.
Sounds ridiculous to have chanced on two products with same dead driver.

Have you seen a setup like this before?

01.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
02.jpg

TL;DR
Can't power LED fixture
Yeah the labelling is not very good on that!

Reply to LED light fixture trouble connecting in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Led light fixture went dim. I replaced it with a new fixture and it won’t power on. I have 120v with a multimeter at the wire. When I wire up the...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I installed these round light fixtures in my office 23 years ago. After a few years the circular flourescent tubes went out and I replaced them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice on the wiring for a new ceiling light. I have taken down the original light, and I'm left with the wiring in the image...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock