Discuss Level 3 starts this week but i have no job need advice HELP in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thisisricky

hi guy/girls

ok so i got through level 2 2330 whilst doing night work through agencies and attending college one day a week. i have passed woohoo but this year i am told you need to be in a job to get on and at the moment i am not in a job.

Whats my chances of carrying on if i come clean?
is there anyway round this?

Help guys all info would help on this level 3 course and need some options cheers

what difference does it make unless u are not paying for it?! If u blag it they will find out sooner or later! ur call, dont see what difference it makes though! what college is it at? find out what other colleges do in this situation and play the equality and fairness act at them?!!

the course is City & Guilds 2330 Electrical Installation Level 3

i was lead to belive it was the nvq where you needed to be in work as they visited. Obviously you need to be in work for any of the levels as its vocatinal based but if you 30 an aprentiship is impossible to come by and very ipractical so you just grab work where you can. :confused:

i may have to just make a call and drop the bomb on them that i am now out of work i just dont want to loose my place :( when i had a brief chat at enrollment he was pretty adamant i had to be in work tbh i thought i would be by now so didnt really enquire why,but last few months its been rough.

I just want to get this level 3 done and the other bits so im no longer looking for mates work which is pretty crowed right now in london the agencies have mates coming out of there ears :rolleyes:

Hi,

Finished my 2330 level 3 in May this year and I wasn't employed in the trade at that point. I passed OK! The NVQ level 3 requires you to be employed.

awesome thats good news then maybe its something they have to say as it is vocational.

i will find this out this week but is there some chance that they combine 2330 level 3 and NVQ ??

ok, im with u now............................that is a lil bit of a grey area as u need to prove competance?!!!......therefore u need an employer to do this?

good luck

wow this is GREAT news i hope i can do the same. i guess the only stumbling block is if they combine the nvq and L3 at my college. i need more info hopefully thye can clear something up to me over the phone tomorrow. i'll keep the 'no job' shout out of it for now lol

my local college will take on anyone (after an initial assessment to see how keen you are) to do the level 2 but are adamant you must be in employment in the electrical industry to do level 3. Their argument is they have previously allowed people who are not in the industry to do level 3 and those people have then flunked it because of lack of motivation and/or real-world experience. Think the college is more interested in their reputation - don't want too many failures dragging down their 'successful' figures.
As for myself, am just embarking on level 2 this year in the hope that come time for level 3 I will have a relevant job. It's a case of fingers crossed and try as hard as you can to get work. Am trying to set up on my own, but it isn't easy without qualifications and experience, and not sure the college will view this as properly 'working in the industry' i.e. supervised.

Check out ths document page 20....I am a self employed sub contractor...sometimes im in work sometimes im outta work....i just get evidence when i can.

sparkywannabe.freewebspace.com

Just give the page a few seconds to load up while the document loads.

Oh and as for proving competence it clearly states in this document that the external verifier would ask you questions via audio file which you have to reply via audio file.....being self employed does not mean the external verifier has to come to you......so long as you can prove competence by answering the questions provided...thes can be used as evidence towards your NVQ level 3 portfolio.....I would class myself as a practicing operative....I restart college on Thursday and just waiting for the bull**** off the college saying i cant do it self employed....I feel i am one step ahead of them with the document I am going to show them...The college was so full of promises when i started level 2 last year....One year later they couldnt give a stuff about yer...I feel like Ive just been keeping my tutors in a job for a year....

Last edited by a moderator:
intresting so what exactly is your defence going to be i am in the same boat as you and going in on thursday for a grilling i cant download that doucment on my phone but will hopefully look get a look at it before thurday when my internet gets repaired. whats in it ?

Well ive never heard so much s**t in my life.......On thrusday the tutors told me that because last year the students who did Level 3 2330 and never had an employed failed miserabley yet the guys who had employers succesfully passed both 2330 level 3 and NVQ level 3, Therfore if u aint got an employer the college is not prepared to risk its pass rate percentage as it looks bad on the college, they say its not their fault you aint got an employer...
They also blabbed on about funding being cut again but I do not need funding....
Looks like they only want kids who are getting sponsered by employers obviously as usual its all about money and pass rates....so because kids screwed up last year they ASSUME this year will be no different.....I aint a kid and im 110% commited to getting approved status so im gonna sign up as normal fo C&G 2330 level 3 and attempt to do the NVQ level 3 route through my sub contract work providing I get regular work that should not be a problem but I am sure the college will think of something....
One more thing the college said they aint running the NVQ Level 3 this year theyre CONTRACTING it out to a third party traing provider so I have to sign up to college to do the City and Guilds 2330 level 3 and the other training provider to do the NVQ level 3.....but guess what....
Thats JTL and they dont accept people over the age of 25 years old.........
OMG ive heard it all now........Back to square 1 i guess

Reply to Level 3 starts this week but i have no job need advice HELP in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net