Discuss LOL - Friedland Response Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mr.Si

-
Reaction score
I had to hold back from laughing out loud in front of my dad when he had bought one of these for his house...

The alarm has a plug on it for power from a standard 13A socket rather than being hard-wired in like proper alarms.

I just have a vision of a burglar coming into the house, setting off the alarm and then tripping over a cable and it turning off. Just like in the Naked Gun with the bomb that's plugged in to the wall. :rofl:

Yes, I know it has Lead Acid backup batteries in it so that shouldn't happen and I appreciate that it's best when selling alarms in a DIY store or in Tescos that the alarm has a plug on it, makes it simpler and safer for Joe Public to install and they shouldn't be able to kill themselves by trying to spur off the lighting circuit or something, but it just made me chuckle to myself and I had to share my amusement. :)

Si

Parents are wonderful, no matter what you say to them they’ll just ignore you.

Eeerr this sounds a bit familiar, but it was the other way around.

tbh there actually ok stuff,if it allow joe blogs who lets face it will never pay for a pro installation protect his home im all for it,its cheap and cheerful but they work..

Yep...i`v seen em....whats the point in em?..lol.....:ninja:

I know! It seems a little mickey mouse.

Parents are wonderful, no matter what you say to them they’ll just ignore you.

Eeerr this sounds a bit familiar, but it was the other way around.

Hehe. Like when I told them their rcd or whatever their version of it is was too sensitive and when I told them the ir of their garden lighting circuits were far too high... Well it works, so it can't be a problem...!

Will they ever learn? ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II via Tapatalk

Hi I have recently installed one of these friedland wireless response alarms, everything is mounted etc and works when alarmed on full arm, I have installed magnets and PIR's in the house and also in the separate garage, the customer wants to be able to alarm the garage only sometimes yet I have not managed to do this, iv set all magnets/PIR's with the same house code yet I have set different zone codes on the house magnet/PIR's to the garage ones, surely this means when I part arm1 it will alarm the house and part arm 2 will alarm just the garage and full arm does both, yet when I part arm 1 both the house and garage are alarmed sane as full arm and when I set to part arm 2 nothing is alarmed, please help

Reply to LOL - Friedland Response Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net