Discuss Low Glow on LED's in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help.

I have installed some LED's in my bathroom and a fan which has a time delay on it. When I turn the LED's off I noticed they still have a Glow to them, so I put my Multi accross one of them and there are 103v present when switched off. If I disconnect the switch wire to the fan the voltage disappears. Can anyone offer any advice as to how I get rid of the voltage feedback from the fan???

Yes all through the fan switch correctly, the LED's are Minisun Warm Whites... there are alot of electronics in the fan I'm wondering if it is something in the fan that is causing it... I dont know really.

Hey, Yes it does disappear, so please tell me, what is a snubber? Cheers

The subject has been done to death on here, search for terms such as "snubber" and "phantom voltage" etc. on here and this will explain all, there is a search forum box at the top of the page near where you sign in.

Last edited:
The subject has been done to death on here, search for terms such as "snubber" and "phantom voltage" etc. on here and this will explain all, there is a search forum box at the top of the page near where you sign in.

Hi S68 :smile5:

We seem to use the terms 'Induced' and 'phantom' interchangably.. Is that correct? One seems to imply that there really is voltage there (i.e 'induced') and the other suggests its not. If it makes the bulbs glow then it must be there? :uhoh2:

Hi S68 :smile5:

We seem to use the terms 'Induced' and 'phantom' interchangably.. Is that correct? One seems to imply that there really is voltage there (i.e 'induced') and the other suggests its not. If it makes the bulbs glow then it must be there? :uhoh2:

It could be capacitively coupled as well ;) so I just used "phantom" as it could be down to either or both, having said that induced would probably need some current to be passing in one of the conductors to actually induce a voltage/current in an adjacent conductor, anyway I am a mere spark not a physicist so what do I know :)

Reply to Low Glow on LED's in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net