Discuss Main Fuse Recognition in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

olsonn

IMG01023-20111101-1026.jpg

Is there anywhere, book on line etc where you can identify the different types of fuses. I have come across a few recently which have no identification numbers on them. The attached is a 100Amp main fuse but there are no other identification numbers on it. I assume it is a BS1361 but i dont know if it is a Type1 or Type11. Can anybody enlighten me as to which it is?. Before those amongst us start screaming about the rights and wrongs of removing the main fuse, this fuse had no seal on it and after a quick photo it was promptly replaced.

The relevant fuse characteristics are printed on the fuse itself, not the carrier.

Although the carrier in the pic is quite old, the fuse inside may not be.

More often than not a cut-out fuse will be a BS1361 type 2 with a breaking capacity of 33KA.

Reply to Main Fuse Recognition in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I have a question i'm hoping some of you can advise on. A long story short my main fuse has been hidden in the wall cavity(by the previous...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hi All On a job this morning doing an EICR. As you will see from photos main live conductor showing signs of burning out at termination. Checked...
Replies
Views
Hello All Just a quick one does a three phase 25mm sub main in swa 4 meters long have to be fused even thou it comes from a bs1361 100amp...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
Landlord has had an EICR done on the property as is required under the new PRS legislation, got a copy of the report and I'm not overly impressed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock