Discuss Milwaukee 18V Kit. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

images

images

I have had this kit for around a month now so feel I can offer a good review of it's performance.

18V SDS drill HD18HX32.

The 18V SDS runs on milwaukee's 18V 3.0 AH Li-on RED battery packs. It's capable of drilling holes upto 25mm diameter, 500mm long through block, brick & stone etc with no problems. I'd guess one charge would do around 15 holes of this type.

As for drilling standard 5.5mm holes for red plugs etc, it will literally last all day long on one charge. The kit I had came with a standard 3 jaw chuck also, which you swap with the SDS one as opposed to fitting it in the SDS chuck making it easier to get into tight spaces. It's cpacity in wood is 32mm and is quite happy pushing auger bits of upto 25mm through standard floor joists.

This particular model also has a rotary stop function for light chiselling. You wont be able to chase a house out with it but, it's handy if you need a quick bit of chopping out without having to lug the Tx & leads & big drill etc out of the van.

A bonus of being 18V is it's weight, one handed, full stretch, is easy as it is really light. The handle is designed to reduce vibration by having a flexible section between it an the drill body which compresses when you put pressure on the drill to absorb the vibrations.

18V Combi Drill C18PD32

The 18V combi also runs on the above battery packs and is literally a beast!

Screwdriving, holesawing, cone cutting, steel drilling is no problem for it and the battery longevity is good. I haven't used on masonary setting due to the SDS so can't comment on that.

It's lightweight and has a soft start trigger so doesn't snatch as soon as you pull the trigger so is easy to control.

The drills come in a large bag so there is plenty of room for all the usual gear, long bits, holesaws etc

All in all I'm chuffed with it and would definitely consider other milwaukee gear in the future.

:cyclist:

I have the combi drill above and after a month of using mine, am also pretty chuffed with it. I have been using it for general domestic duties and the hammer setting is pretty good. Combined with a decent bit, it munches 5.5mm holes into brick in a few seconds. The hammer is not overly aggressive though and manages well at not shattering brick.
I went for this version over the bigger milwaukee combi in this range (HD18PD) and am glad I did. It's nice and light but still plenty fast and torquey. It's also small, and coupled with a stubby spade bit I have managed to fit it between joists for a nice straight run of holes.
Great drill. Will be looking to get the circular saw body to go with these batteries too.

Just bought a 12 volt combi + impact drill with 3 ah batteries after having a play at eca toolfast last week. I was very impressed with their performance, combi drilling 25mm holes without missing a beat. Will be investing in some 18 volt kit as soon as the budget allows, had a play with the new 18 volt brushless combi and was very impressed.

I love my milwaukee too, but would never buy again : Reason ??

Just you try and get someone to repair it or buy spare parts when broken.

Milwaukee only repair items under warranty in the UK , if your warranty is out you are beat other than ordering in parts and fixing yourself

Thankyou easi,

I am coming to the end of my latest Hilti contract and was seriously considering buying a load of Milwaukee stuff.

I have had a few problems with Hilti gear, but the contract I am on just replaces/repairs stuff straight away.

Better the red devil I know!!!

we hired a 36v hilti for a job and its crap, battery doesnt last and its just crap, said to hire guy he said he tested it and it good... the guys we subbed into dont even send it back even tho they never use it...

not on my ship

Another thumbs up for the C18PD from me, been using mine for nearly 6 months and it's great.

I also have the torch that uses the same batteries and would recommend that too!

I love my milwaukee too, but would never buy again : Reason ??

Just you try and get someone to repair it or buy spare parts when broken.

Milwaukee only repair items under warranty in the UK , if your warranty is out you are beat other than ordering in parts and fixing yourself

This doesn't sound very good at all, and I take it you have had a bad experience.
On their UK website milwaukee list 38 approved service centres. Are you saying that all these places refused to help you ? Also you say that your only option is to order in parts and fix yourself. Surely if you can get parts then you can give them to a tool shop to repair an item for you.

Just registered my new ones online for the extended warranty, 3 years on the drills and 2 on the batteries. Must tell you something if they are confident you can get 3 years out of a drill that gets used everyday.

Ive got the HD18 PD combi, the C18 ID impact driver and the M18 sds,
had these ones for almost a year now and wouldnt be with anything else,
I got 3year warranty on my 'RED' batteries too, and 2 years on my ordinary Li-ion batteries.

Reply to Milwaukee 18V Kit. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net