Discuss Mist-air pressure washer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ok, i'll test them, when I get time, could be a couple of days so please bear with me!
11 point swingover fullwood, but we're putting in 3 more points up each side and doubling up to 28 clusters hopefully around mid march. And putting in an automatic wash down system. I'm milking 130 holstein friesan in the parlour at the moment.

Sounds good !
I am normally down in Bucks for a few days each week and have not got around to sorting out the tinter net at me new digs yet so will reply if i manage to get into the office down there this week ?
Sounds like a nice set up , we were involved in a new build Fullwood 40/40 rapid exit a couple of years ago , still the best kit IMO !
Catch you soon .

back again!
we just have circuit breakers, no rcds in the board, so i was thinking of a 13 amp plug in rcd. The 15 amp socket for the pressure washer is connected to a cable which at the other end leads back to a 13 amp plug and 13 amp socket, which then leads back to the box. Would a 13 amp rcd adaptor work on the 13 amp socket to protect the washer and us????

Hi Josh , this sounds like it should work .
But !
I am not sure of the differences in the regs over in Ireland , but i would imagine that you should have some form of RCD covering all of the circuits on a agricultural installation as standard , which you seem not to have ?
Hopefully someone familiar with the appropriate regs way be able to answer .
I will pm Sintra one of the moderators and see if he can help .

Last edited:
If you have a look a section 605 BRB might have changed in BGB.

This type of installation should have an upfront RCD not exceeding 500mA and socket outlets protected by 30mA RCD.

i've got my rcd now but it says on it that i sould test it before use, do i need to test before every use?? or would every couple of days be sufficent?? And would the rcd stop power flowing through it if a fault occured in the rcd or would the power carry on regardless?

is the reliability of potable rcd's good?, will the rcd stop power flowing through the rcd if it stops working? mines a toolstop one with 40ms 30ma trip

The thing with RCD's is they are not failsafe therfore power can continue to flow regardless of whether or not the RCD will trip in the event of a fault. That is why regular testing is required to ensure the device disconnects within the permissible times.

The test button simulates a fault. I guess you might see a certain amount of sparking when it trips if it's under load. Not sure what you mean by 'flashes' though.

Reply to Mist-air pressure washer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net