Discuss new student problem - certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rrjelectrcal

Hello. I'm new to this site. I've just started my electrical course, an I'm struggled with understanding of use the certificates.

I have a few questions.

1. When new circuit is installed I should use electrical installation certificate, but do I need to mention all other cicuit on the form and do inspection and testing on them?

2. When I do CU replacement . Do I need to inspect and test all system (sockets , luminaries, switches etc.? )

3. EICR. When I can't see suplementary bonding or/and clamps. But continuity test conforms connection to MET. Is it OK or C3?

Thank You

Robert

1. I use "used" for other installed circuits and "spare" for any unused ways. The key to the EIC is the "description of works" - so YOU need to define what it covers

2. Yes - a CU change requires a full test of ALL existing circuits

3. Tricky one! I would tick OK and note to fact you can't see the clamps in the limitations section - others may disagree!

Supplementary equipotential bonding doesn't connect to the Main Earthing Terminal - or at least not directly.

It connects between exposed and extraneous conductive parts locally. A cpc can be used as a supplementary bonding conductor.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm talking about situation when no earthing clamps are visible for mains or suplementary bonding which is required for eicr or EIC but it's confirmed by testing copper pipes etc witch continuity tester. Is it satisfactory, C3 OR C2 ?

If you are performing an EICR and you observe that there is a requirement for supplementary bonding in a location of increased risk but no bonding clamps are visible then measuring the resistance between all simultaneously accessible extraneous and exposed conductive parts and confirming that the maximum resistance measured meets the R<=50/Ia requirement would be satisfactory and would merely result in a possible C3 observation that bonding clamps are not accessible.

For an EIC then it should be confirmed that the bonding conductors are in place even if the clamps are not visible. since you are working in that area, as you are providing an EIC relating to this, then it should be possible to assess the presence of these conductors. A note should be made on the EIC that connections are not accessible for testing. the resistance should also be checked against the requirements to ensure it is suitably protecting the location.

1- only enter the new circuit and be sure to state on cert.

2- yes you must test all circuits and accesories unless limitations are agreed with customer prior to work starting.

3- im assuming you refering to main equapotential bonding not supplementary bonding, main bonding must be readilly accesible for inspection and testing, if no acces to confirm then C2.

Reply to new student problem - certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net