Discuss niceic draft forms in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They used to be available to view from the NICEIC website, but I can't find them now. I think they have stopped that with their software scheme.
Blank forms are available from Elecsa and The IET if those help, otherwise I have copies of the pre AMD1 forms from NICEIC.

say niceic approved contractors and draft written over heading... ive seen them before somewhere.. i have copies of others but thanks anyway mr B

cheers anyway.really. what about this one mr burns.. i have 100A 3p isolator feeding a doorman smith panel with a 250A main switch which in turn has 4 50A isolators ,
one for power 5 ring circuits, @ 32A with 2 hand dryers and 2 hair dryers @16A each

one for heating which has 10 heaters with 16A protective devices

one for lighting which has a mixture of 6A and 10A but very little on these circuits, just well divided upto to minimize disrution

one for external controls with has 16A breaker ... now my forms are asking for maximum demand but even if i add these up at0.5 its still pretty high... any good tips

Apply diversity across each isolator block and you get approx: 83A rings 32A dryers 100A heaters 5A lights 10A controls using likely current demand rather than CB sizes total 230A OK for main switch and 3p isolator.
If it is an installation in use and the fuse has not blown then max demand is <250A (rating of main switch).

If you are designing it I would do diversity normally for socket rings 32A each (100% biggest+70%), dryers would be about 10A each (100% first 75% rest). Heaters about 13A each (100%+75%), lighting assume about 5A total draw (not much on it, maybe 10 100W items), controls take very little but assume 10A.

Rings are way over cut as they will not take this much (as it would overload the isolator rating) so could drop that a bit.

Reply to niceic draft forms in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net