NICEIC Certification Scheme Niceic logo

Discuss Niceic logo in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ampo

-
Reaction score
hi all, is anyone out there niceic DI only but uses the logo without the "domestic installer" written underneath.
I would like to register to sign off my domestic stuff legally but dont really want to give the impression that I'm only a DI (as I'm qualified in both domestic and commercial sectors.
So by just using the logo and not putting approved contractor underneath would I be breaking any rules? I've emailed nic to no avail so just wondering if anybody already does this.

Easy' register as an approved contractor
Costs an extra 500 and dosent benefit me. If it's a no go I'll go without the logo I guess. I wasnt looking to deface there logos, I have seen standard nic logos that say nothing else just wondering if anyone else has used them

Costs an extra 500 and dosent benefit me. If it's a no go I'll go without the logo I guess. I wasnt looking to deface there logos, I have seen standard nic logos that say nothing else just wondering if anyone else has used them
I doubt you can do that otherwise many domestic installers could give the impression they are approved contractors. Wait for a response from them but at the end of the day it is their logo so they set the rules.

It is prohibited. Their guidance on the use of logos is very explicit about this.

As stated, if you don't want to come across as being a "Domestic Installer" then get enrolled in the Approved Contractor Scheme.

I thought you just had to demonstrate competence in a couple of small commercial jobs and then you could register as approved, didn’t know the cost jumped £500!......should’ve known really ?....I think the only scheme that don’t differentiate in their badges is napit?...but could be wrong

Thanks for the responses guys, sounds like either not advertising I'm nic then or looking into napit. I'm a bit sceptical of napit as most people think you need to be "nic qualified" ?‍♂️ but still may be a better option cheers

Reply to Niceic logo in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net