Discuss Old fuse removal. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brs73

-
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Does anyone know how to remove this fuse. !!! We’ve pulled it, undone the screws But it’s not budging. , it seems like there’s something mechanical holding it in place ???

Attachments

• IMG_0599.MP4
    4.6 MB
  • 99BFC75F-5787-4697-B6A8-AB43C6971B20.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • B2CE06E3-4115-4414-BB1E-79FCA983143A.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 77
Where's Tony when we need him. ?

@Lucien Nunes might know, may have one in the museum!

Are there screws in the holes top right and bottom left? could be fixing the carrier to the bare,

I suspect it is just tight (by design, and by age) but especially with old stuff you really can't tell what is a sane force to attempt and what will break something. If live, that gets nasty real quick.

Difficult to tell from the video, but the screws inside the ceramic holder don't seem to move with the holder, perhaps they just need undoing.

If you've undone the clamps it should slide out. It might have welded, doesn't look like you are pulling very hard. But is it live? I don't think we can tell from the video.

Undo the screws in the fuse holder, they are wedge fuses, looks like a metal clad cut out, which should not be worked on live. You should NOT be messing with it, naughty naughty!

Thats a wedge type fuse. Do not mess about with it live. If it is dead it is some times possible with the screws loose to put a screw driver in and tap the wedge back to loosen it.

Reply to Old fuse removal. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

An old and now deceased friend's place has some rewirable fuses with asbestos flash pads. They are long overdue for replacement and now that seems...
Replies
Views
I’m not working on this… not yet anyway, but can someone tell me why there’s a fuse or a link on the earth here? The green wire is bonded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, as in the picture, when connecting a 230V cable to a db like this, is there a legal requirement to install external RCD unit? Also, if the...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
As per normal I was in a rush and didn't get enough information. I was working in an apartment that didn't have any power and when I went to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock