Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Outside drive way up lighters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky 007

Can anybody help regards to the best way on how i install drive way uplighter never done these before i.e do i need to use armoured, connecting in the ground etc and working around the guys laying the driveway

cheers in advance

Think about walking away unless the client will agree to accessible connections for the lights, as as sure as night follows day, they will fail at some point!

asa above. sealed fittings supplied with a few yards of flex . Duct flex into accessible IP 55 ad. boxes and connect to SWA

Thats the ticket. Outside lights are a pain in the bottom. I get called back alot to ones I have done and it has ALWAYS been the crock of ..... Cheapo nasty light fitting the customer supplied!

I'd be interested in seeing some photos of people installing drive way lights and putting the ducting in, it's not something I've done but was considering doing something along these lines when I redo my drive way later this year with paviers.

Even the good makes will go wrong!

Ive got a job which completed about 5 years ago but every year I end up back there to look at another light fitting buried in the patio which has turned into a damned goldfish bowl, and they are collingwood fittings at nearly £500 each!

The ones on my job have got tilt able lamps within them and they are all up lighting a stone wall around this sunken patio.
It looks gorgeous as a piece of architectural lighting when they all work.

Your better off with post lamps if you can , as the swa can be terminated above ground , only use good quality fitting though, never got involved with ground lights as its all down to how long will they last , at least post lights can be replaced in the future ...

Reply to Outside drive way up lighters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net