Discuss Ovens in plinths in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave Appleby

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi.

Hopefully an easy one.

Is there a simple way of removing a dead oven from a fitted plinth unit?

Has an induction hob in the worktop above.

Howdens carcasses and Lamona oven if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Dave

TL;DR
Oven. Plinth. Removal. No crowbar allowed!
2-4 screws behind oven door in the sides of the oven itself when open and slide it out unless I’m missing something......

open oven door. if an electricuan has fitted it, there will probably 4 pozi screws securing it in place. if it's been fitted by a kitchen fitter, there might be 2. if a plumber has done it. it will be stuck in with mastic. if a builder has done it it will have 4" nails fired in fron a nail gun.

open oven door. if an electricuan has fitted it, there will probably 4 pozi screws securing it in place. if it's been fitted by a kitchen fitter, there might be 2. if a plumber has done it. it will be stuck in with mastic. if a builder has done it it will have 4" nails fired in fron a nail gun.

And you missed a perfectly good opportunity to comment on plasterers!

If it's a built under double oven you would need to remove the plinth as well to get it out, along the same lines as an integrated dishwasher or washing machine it goes all the way to the floor.

If it's a built under double oven you would need to remove the plinth as well to get it out, along the same lines as an integrated dishwasher or washing machine it goes all the way to the floor.
not if a plasterer has been around. there will be 4" of his muck on the floor.
[automerge]1592430431[/automerge]
And you missed a perfectly good opportunity to comment on plasterers!
see my last post. this one now it's merged.

Kev and his like use plasterboard screws for everything! The black finish fits in with the oven surround. 2 or 4 screws will be seen when you open the oven door.

Kev and his like use plasterboard screws for everything! The black finish fits in with the oven surround. 2 or 4 screws will be seen when you open the oven door.
kitchen fitters and screws??? yous avin a laff. kevin would not even know which hammer to use for a certain screw size.

OK..

So..

Forensic diagnosis please :D

Three screws.

2 different size Pozi and a domed slotted.

Whoever could it be? Nothing quite fits Telectrix's well thought out exemplar!

And.. What the hell... It's Friday!

Have fun all

Let's be careful out there!

Dave

Reply to Ovens in plinths in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net