Discuss Periodic inspection and testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

glenmac

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

This question is with regards to Periodic inspection and testing on a building site compound.
I know the temp installation should be tested once every 3 months, which would be the supply to each of the Portacabins, such as the site office, canteen ect. But can anyone tell me how often the actual Portacabins should be tested.
Would it come under Special locations and test yearly.
I appreciate your help in this matter.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arent the porta cabins classed as temporary and therefore should be tested every 3 months as well?

G

glenmac

Hi Jasons6930
Thanks for your reply.
I was asked this question today, as it is only the supply to the cabins that is temporary, and the cabins have a permanent internal installation.
This would mean that doing 3 month periodic on the compound 3 phase CU would only require Zs PFC and r1+r2 at the income on the Portacabin CU, and not a full test on each cabin.

S

Spudnik

Hmm...

The ones that i have installed temp supplies to, came with a basic PIR (if i can call it that).

Have you had a flick through GN3 to see what it says?

old dog

-
Arms
hi gn3 page 63
construction site installations 3 months
cant see anything else it could come under

Reply to Periodic inspection and testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom