Discuss periodic inspection where power can not be turned off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

karlr

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Wonder if any one can help me, I have been offered a periodic inspection at an office block where it is not possible to turn off certain circuits and working out of hours is out of the question due to files that are kept in the building.
Does anyone know where I stand with not doing any dead tests on certain circuits?

Thanks Karl per

There is a Limitations section and also agreed extent with customer section on a EICR form, which you can fill in. But this may lead to a very irrelevant EICR if you are not careful due to the limited inspection and testing you will be able to do.

Some of these companies that have this issue have a regular testing regime in place and circuits that you can't fully test at this point in time get tested at other times , I would ask if this is the case , but as Dilb says it is still a case of limitations issue for you're own testing...

I would ask for and check any previous testing paperwork , and advise client accordingly..

Hi Guys,
Wonder if any one can help me, I have been offered a periodic inspection at an office block where it is not possible to turn off certain circuits and working out of hours is out of the question due to files that are kept in the building.
Does anyone know where I stand with not doing any dead tests on certain circuits?

Thanks Karl per

If the percentage of circuits that can't be de-energized renders the EICR not worth the paper it's written on, consider this ...
Can they arrange out of hours security to follow you around to prevent you poking your nose into their precious (and most probably, totally boring) files?
That way, you can carry out a full Inspection and Test.

I've done a couple of Inspections that way in the past.

And even if it has a regime of maintenance and subsequent testing, make sure it is not the same tame circuits that have been tested over and over again.

So it's even more important that this installations ''First'' EICR is carried out properly without needless Limitations being applied.

Agreed. I take it no EIC either? But, if the client are instructing to limit the testing due to operational reasons then list them, attach a cover letter to the EICR saying that you stongly advise a full EICR to be carried out along with the reasons why and there is nothing more that can be done.

We cannot tell our clients how to spend their money. We can only advise on what we feel is required.

i would have a word with the client about doing dead tests on select circuits (anthing that needs power can be temporarily powered by another circuit during test)

it should be possible to do the full eicr in parts like this as long as the customer is willing

otherwise your going to have plently of LIM on test sheets

Reply to periodic inspection where power can not be turned off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net