Discuss PIR of Full elec cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

No main bonding to gas,no work,you are allowed to bond gas at point of entry to building before any branchwork,it says in the regs within 600mm of the consumer side,IF REASONABLY PRACTIBLE,and in the gas safe manual they say the same but add that if meter is external bonding is accepted but NOT preferable,i would bond it as it enters property,and label consumer unit with location and also eic as to where it is.

Cheers for all input guys done job now nice little learning curve this job,will be much happier going out doing these type of jobs in future for myself so putting money from this towards joining whichever group is cheapest. Going to try niceic and napit tommorow.
Testing turned problematic though four rings and all 4 had no loop neutrals but ok on line and earth!
I wasn't sure if my responsiblity to sort or note but sorted any way except one.
Had every socket on circuit off and reconnected neutrals and still same so must be in walls.
Ive noted it down on test sheet. What will this effect ,i mean does it just get left if he chooses to leave it or will he be unable to attain correct insurance for the bedsit without sorting it.
I thought about following through ring and where ever break was disconnecting shortest side and leaving a radial but he may loose sum sockets.
Anyway i felt he'd had much more out of me than he paid for (17hours and 120miles of deisiel) so i just noted it down.
What would you guys have done?

Reply to PIR of Full elec cert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, have just finished replacing an old fuseboard with a new rcbo jobby. To say there have been a few surprises would be putting it mildly...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock