Search the forum,

Discuss Pull cord with neon problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rudie

Hi

I have a pull cord ceiling switch with a neon light. Everything is fine but when the neon Light Is off, the fan works. When the neon light is on, it doesn't. I will attach a picture but the only difference is a link from one end of the nylon core to the fan live.

thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 104
Link from top left to bottom right as you look at it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the neon is working correctly for the way you have wired it !!!
As already suggested call an electrician

Thanks for the replies. I didnt cut/connect the neutral as the terminals are Cm, L1, L2 and L3. Neutral goes straight to the fan.

I am sorry, I can clearly see L4 as one of the terminals in the picture above, so I am afraid I would recommend that professional assistance is sought to correctly identify the terminals, the method of switching and the correct connections.
For you to proceed without this knowledge could lead to a significant risk of electric shock.

Reply to Pull cord with neon problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m replacing an old 100mm extractor fan in the kitchen with a new one. The old one was a pull cord fan whereas I bought a timer one (no pull...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one, I want to use an ip rated light switch with a neon indicator to manually ovveride a PIR detector controlling an e27 LED...
Replies
Views
Good morning guys, I bought this neon sign for my cinema room to put above my arcade machines. I have the cinema controlled by Google voice...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My mira power electric shower is not doing anything when i press the power button. There is no led lights to check on the unit to...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back