Search the forum,

Discuss sequence of the tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

why is the reason that you have to carry out the testing in the sequence they are writtem in the GN3 OSG before energising a new circuit?

Continuity of protective and bonding conductors then continuity of ring final circuits are done before insulation resistance as this proves your circuits are complete before doing IR test then polarity to ensure circuits are safe to energise.

hi mate
thats because it isnt worded like that in any of the books i have read neither mate. Sintra has kindly answered in a understandable language unlike most of the IEE books or similar cheers for the Knowledge of people like Sintra

Hi, i know this question may not be on topic with yours, but im knew to this and dont know how to ask my own question! if someone could help would be fantastic.
question; An electrician has just completed the installation of a new radial socket outlet circuit, list the dead tests that will need to be carried out in the correct sequence???????? cheers

Reply to sequence of the tests in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello sparkles, I have a question in relation to sequencing the RCDs and MCBs in the CU. I called an electrician to come to my house and upgrade...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Corby 7700 trouser press it is a 220w model, 3 years 10 month old. On Friday it stopped working, so I took it to the garage ready...
Replies
Views
Refurbishment of dwelling has taken place and the clients insurance company requires a periodic inspection and test to be carried out, A new...
Replies
Views
Hi All DALI lighting system distributes circuit via LCM's, for electrical test, do you stop at the LCM or light point. how do you carry out...
Replies
Views
To my understanding it would be ideal to test and inspect before energisation, but it isn't 100% necessary. If it leaves a client without power...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock