Discuss Shared income supply main fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, my incoming supply has one main fuse that feeds the next door naghbour it leaves my house to go next door as shown in picture..it's the single cables going through the hoteCan this be split, and how would be responsible for any changes.Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_145625196.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 36
Are you an electrician?

Looped (shared) supplies are not uncommon although your cutout is not one that I recognise.

From the photo it is impossible to tell whether the feed to next door is taken from the supply side of the fuse and then fused next door or if it is taken from the load side. Whichever, for any changes you would need to consult your electrician who will probably refer this to the dno

Are you an electrician?

Looped (shared) supplies are not uncommon although your cutout is not one that I recognise.

From the photo it is impossible to tell whether the feed to next door is taken from the supply side of the fuse and then fused next door or if it is taken from the load side. Whichever, for any changes you would need to consult your electrician who will probably refer this to the dno
No I'm a maintenance Technician,
Its the two single core VIR cables coming off the load side going though to the next door neighbours house do know how its routed .
Sorry don't know what dno means
Thinking that separate fuse would be a better option ,. Not long moved in,

Ifs its the energy network you mean its Scottish power
Thanks for the response

Last edited:
No I'm a maintenance Technician,
Its the two single core VIR cables coming off the load side going though to the next door neighbours house do know how its routed .
Sorry don't know what dno means
Thinking that separate fuse would be a better option ,. Not long moved in,

Ifs its the energy network you mean its Scottish power
Thanks for the response
Distribution Network Operator

Reply to Shared income supply main fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net