Discuss Shocking find at my local school in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingeri

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So me and the wife went to put my son's name down for the local infant school. Was sitting in the corridor waiting to be seen and I noticed a hole in the wall with some wires folded up inside. Casually strolled over to investigate, saw the ends of the wires were just taped up. Looks like there was an old heating or air con control there at one point. Obviously I couldn't start testing it (although if I had my gear I think I would have), but I did have my voltstick with me and it lit up like a xmas tree. This is where I'm sending my kid in a couple of years????? Going back tomorrow, will hopefully get a photo.

Doesn't mean it's live because your volt stick was lighting up so I'd not go jumping the gun.

Have a word with the school handy man / care taker and I'm sure he will get whoever maintains the schools electrical systems to sort.

I went to our youngest's rugby match on Sunday gone, there's half a dozen lighting poles dotted around the touch line and im standing by one of them, I looked down and there's a lump of 4mm twin sticking out of the ground. I'm hoping it was dead

I went to our youngest's rugby match on Sunday gone, there's half a dozen lighting poles dotted around the touch line and im standing by one of them, I looked down and there's a lump of 4mm twin sticking out of the ground. I'm hoping it was dead

Quality.

Doesn't mean it's live because your volt stick was lighting up so I'd not go jumping the gun.

Have a word with the school handy man / care taker and I'm sure he will get whoever maintains the schools electrical systems to sort.

It shouldn’t have been left like that under any circumstances.

Sounds like a private school to me. Once asked to do a quote and found a socket hanging off the wall in a classroom, vir cable. Private infant school.

Wherever Geordie and I go, you can bet your b*****s that he is either gazing at skirting boards, radiators, flues out of walls, copper pipes or similar, usually with a frown on his face and an exclamation of "what a bloody disgrace!".............that's in Doctors, Courts, Hospitals, libraries..... you name it. :95:

It shouldn’t have been left like that under any circumstances.

If its dead and the volt stick is just picking up induced voltage of cables it's running with... Then it's a piece of redundant cable running in the fabric of the building.... With more info on if its live or totally disconnected, I can't see how you can say under no circumstances.... Either way I do agree that it's bad form and needs to be sorted.

I think it must be in your blood!!! It's the same with hairdressers always noticing a dire hairstyle, or dentists grimacing at an anvil mouth. I'm the same with handbags........ I couldn't put one over my shoulder that hasn't mooed over a fence.....:drunk:

Last edited:
Wherever Geordie and I go, you can bet your b*****s that he is either gazing at skirting boards, radiators, flues out of walls, copper pipes or similar, usually with a frown on his face and an exclamation of "what a bloody disgrace!".............that's in Doctors, Courts, Hospitals, libraries..... you name it. :95:

If he is like that with his own work,he must be a terror with anybody elses :devilish:

He's just totting up the salvage value, perfectly inocent

burgaler Bill.jpg

Reply to Shocking find at my local school in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net