Discuss Smart meter install failed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good old switch fuse.
I contacted NPower today to confirm they were going to fit a fused switch unit. Despite agreeing to replace the isolation switch and booking an appointment to do it all they have done is to arrange another appointment to fit a smart meter. They recorded the first attempt as a complaint and I had long discussions today to add to the complaint. In short the smart meter installation has been cancelled and I am going to switch suppliers (I was going to do this anyway). Eon are very close to being cheapest so I am about to switch suppliers and no doubt I will get pressure again to have a smart meter installed.

Thanks for all of your comments

Reply to Smart meter install failed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
Good day readers, if any,I am an old sparky, a very old sparky. I can remember old Faraday giving us lectures Wednesday evenings at evening...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a flat in a rather old building in London. Its subdivided into a few individual flats, and there is a meter board with a gas and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock