Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss spare socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rapidrich

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi just a quicky i have to put a spare in a living room but can not get access from above plus have to hide the wireing wich is the best way of going about it?

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
back to back if a socket is on the other side of the wall, or get your lump hammer and bolster and start chasing:eek:

A

adamh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
im guessing you have a concrete floor? another way of gettin the cable there would be to pull the skirting board off

R

rapidrich

cant go back to back socket is also the other side of the room would behind the skirting board be ok i was a not sure about this with the skirting being wood (flamable)

R

revolt3k

im guessing you have a concrete floor? another way of gettin the cable there would be to pull the skirting board off

Can you run cables behind skiting boards?
I thought you couldnt due to it not being a cable zone, and also too much rish of being drilled, screwed through when joiner fixes them.

B

boatnik1

Replace skirting with one purpose designed with a cable conduit built in.

B

boatnik1

shine a light thats a bit extreme!
Wot? Did someone say there was a budget on this or is a proper job required.

R

rapidrich

a proper job but i need to make minimal mess they cant realy afford to redecorate every think

E

electro

I have the ideal installation and you don't even have to be part p registered, plus no cert required.

use an extension lead get a black one and tuck it in next to the skirting, you will hardly notice it and it will not mess up your decoration nor will it break the bank

M

Mac

If there is no other way round it,can't you chase the floor;)

G

Guest123

I have the ideal installation and you don't even have to be part p registered, plus no cert required.

use an extension lead get a black one and tuck it in next to the skirting, you will hardly notice it and it will not mess up your decoration nor will it break the bank

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to spare socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom