Discuss touch voltage help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The sy glands actually clamp the braid the same as a swa gland. It's just that it uses a rubber grommet to clamp the braid to the steal cone. But there are some that just work like a brass to rubber, in which case you would put a lug on it and earth it. That's probably the best way as unless they clean up the area of paint it might not earth proper anyway.in either case it should be earthed which would eliminate the voltage or show a fault in the cable which you could pick up with a insulation tester between e cores and the earth.

It is possible to use a CW or E1W gland on SY. If you double the braid over at the end where the olive sits, it clamps the braid to the body of the gland. I've used it before and wouldn't hesitate to use it again. A tug test is a good idea, before the back compression seal is tightened.

Reply to touch voltage help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a light with a ceiling rose in the kitchen. While rectifying some faults in the house I came across to the light and measure Neutral...
Replies
Views
I have not had to do the wiring for a wet underfloor heating system before. I think I started a thread fairly recently and had some very good...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need some help with an electrical issue I'm experiencing. I recently created a new circuit for an electric oven at my friend's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock