Discuss Using a 8.5KW shower on a 6mm circuit. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not particularly concerned as i'm my own entity/business. People like the OP are only good for my business as his posts can be linked as can his website to his posts. It's not libellous if its true

Though as a profession, you should be. Once the standards are lowered there's no going back

fuzzy, if you bothered to read the OP's original post, you would see that he's not asking how to fit a shower, just airing his plan and seeing if others agree. there are qualified sparks out there who will say " you must use 10mm cable for a shower".

Sorry should have said, i'm having dinner with a very senior member of the Govt over Christmas and will show them threads like this to show that you have incompetent people being allowed to work by competent scheme providers

The Lib-Dems will dine with anyone that pays the required

We await with anticipation the forthcoming amendments to statute legislation.

Last edited by a moderator:
As if I'd have dinner with a Lib Dem

Seriously
That's a pity, as they may have more sympathy for you views. Remember, Part P came about as a result of Jenny Tonges' (Lib-Dem MP at the time) daughter being killed in an electrical accident. Jennys' private members bill proposed a full blown statutory system under one registration authority, similar to Gas Safe. However, amendments added by Labour and Conservative MPs who were lobbied hard by the NICEIC, ESC, Unite and other vested intrests resulted in the castrated system of Part P we have now.

Thanks, folks for all your inputs on this. I simply asked for opinion from other "SPARKIES" and there was quite a mix of suggestions.

I see no point arguing with grumpy ones; utter waste of time.

Thanks again!

Now that the OP has his answer, this will be closed.

Mr Dunlop.

If you do not wish to help another member of the forum, move on to another thread.

We do not have time to keep moderating posts that are unhelpful and insulting.

Reply to Using a 8.5KW shower on a 6mm circuit. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net