Discuss Warning the morning after the night before in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Can I just remind everyone that it takes about one hour for the body to process one unit of alcohol.at roughly 2 units per pint that means that anyone drinking 8 pints would take 16 hours to blow clear on a breath test.so if you stopped drinking at 10 pm it could be 2 pm the day after before it,s all out of your system. lets not have anyone starting the new year with a drink driving ban! All the best from Phil.

Thanks Phil, very good point. It's so easy to think you're ok, when in fact you're still well over.
Yes and its cumulative so if you only drank four or five at night then a couple in the morning you could still be over later that night,they had my license once,cost me my business and everything,and i was only 7mg over which is nothing really.

Years ago all the lads went out for one of their birthdays and had a full day session on a Sunday. Following afternoon at 12:30 on of them got pulled by the law for a random breath test whilst driving to the chippy and he was well over the limit. Lost his licence for two and a half years! It would have been a 2 year ban but my mate told the judge what he thought of him so he gave him the maximum of 2.5 years lol.

Best policy is to only drink when you're not working or going anywhere the next day, that's what I do. It also helps control the amount me and the wife spend on booze!

1 pint of beer used to be 2 units and 1 glass of wine usd to be 1 unit - but most alcohol is stronger now and a pint can easily by 3 units and a glass of wine 1.5 units so do your calculations carefully!

i once got stopped by plod coz. he thought i'd nicked the car. when he got close, he apologised , saying " sorry, tel, didn't recognise you sober". :6:

After coming back from Talin last year with a few lads, and Budapest in October this year, we averagely drank around 200 units in 5 days each time. After driving home from Stansted both times it did occur to me, i may not blow clean for 8.3 days.......i didnt know if i should feel a little chuffed, or un chain the push bike from the shed

1 pint of beer used to be 2 units and 1 glass of wine usd to be 1 unit - but most alcohol is stronger now and a pint can easily by 3 units and a glass of wine 1.5 units so do your calculations carefully!
Exactly I drink guinness which is 1.8 units per pint but as you correctly stated other beers are indeed over 2 units per pint as Kingeri said the best policy is not to drive after a drinking session.

Another thing to remember is you may not be caught driving but a lot of places are now bringing in alcohol/drugs policies that if you are thought to be intoxicated or using drugs then they will test you which means if you prove positive you could lose your job.

I know a guy who came back from holiday late on the friday, Didnt have anything to drink on Saturday and was stopped Sunday and was over the limit

If you think about it when you have over 24 units then it takes a day to get over the effects, So you will find that over christmas you are aften just topping yourself up..

Scary Scary stuff...

Eye opener or what, i sometimes cant even remember how many pints ive had on a saturday night, just stumbling through the door at 5am, and then working on sunday....ive done it for years without even realising! And as paul.m said about his friend - thats what can happen. Think i may start taking it easier from now.

You don't know what you've had till its gone as they say.

A few years back I was at a big do and they had a racing car simulator, based on a F1 car. Driving it when sober was difficult to say the least, a few hours later impossible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was, it was 7mg over the limit.
well yes but do you know at the time I had only had 2 pints and lets be honest we all think we're ok on 2 dont we? If this post saves one of us from making the same silly mistake I did then it's been worth it. merry christmas everbody,have a safe one

We all think we're safe, and in most cases we most probably are if just over...the fact is in the eye of law if you're over the limit, you're over the limit. They don't take any prisoner's and they love to make a scape-goat out of people. I know a few that have lost licenses, thankfully and touch-wood it'll never happen too me.

I know i'll be taking it easy on the driving over the christmas period, because im sure the cops will be out in force...especially boxing day.

Have a safe one everyone. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on this forum....well most anyway :tounge_smile:

I'm sorry mate im going to have to disagree there....i believe that the law in fact do indeed take prisoners....its sort of their whole remit to begin with....the law not taking prisoners, would be about as useful as Anne Franke's drum kit

Haha you know what i ment :)

Although, as you're from down south you probably don't :tounge_smile:

Of course I did, I was being facetious.

And if you're suggesting that my southern heritage may give me an intellectual disadvantage, as a result of poor genetic inheritance caused by decades of poor education and poverty here in Surrey, brought about by the detrimental effects of globalization and the loss of local revenue generated through the free trade movement provided by the EU community, with the sale of hand picked gooseberries, leading to the break down in primary educational facilities that subsequently led to sex education being taught from what was written on the public toilet doors at the local train station, furthermore increasing under age pregnancy and a collapse in the local welfare system, hindering the local employment arena from desperately trying to emerge from the recession crisis that has successively led to northerners....assuming....that they are our intellectual SENIORS....then you sir, are most certainly suffering from ignorationis a latin term may you want to ponder when you have time to pull your head out of your bottom, young sir.

;)

Reply to Warning the morning after the night before in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net