Discuss Water sparking wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can't thank you guys enough. I think this is the most helpful forum I've ever been on... feel like I've learned a decent bit from today alone! Always wanted to learn enough about electricity to atleast be competent so thank you all for your replies!

To anyone wondering, todays issue was fixed just with some tape and the guy mentioned that it was really the only appropriate solution as replacing the cable (think it passed through multiple sockets in the kitchen) would take more hassle than it was worth. Oh aswell as that the cable was routed along the floor behind the kicker board which he said wouldn't be done nowadays just because it's more likely to come into contact with water that way.He then recommended we upgrade our board and referred us to someone capable (today's saviour was actually retired). Been learning about it ever since.

Thanks again everyone!

@Steven07 what part of Northern Ireland are you in? Would think the £1000 quote was for a lot more than just replacing a consumer unit, although quot you had at the time should detail what works you are being quoted for.

I'd get that taped up temporary repair fixed with something more appropriate, there are numerous products available that make an adequate repair.

Water leaks behind/under kitchen units shouldn't be a regular issue, would end up needing a new kitchen in a matter of no time as the carcasses and kickboard will be ruined.

Reply to Water sparking wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Absolutely 0 knowledge of this so excuse language / terms / explanation. Electric only ground floor 2 bed flat ( 3 external walls) On peak...
Replies
Views
Dear Electrical Experts. Hokay, I know the question sounds stoopid - but here's the thing. I've not had an electric kettle for awhile because...
Replies
Views
My Whirlpool dishwasher lost power. I checked all of the connections and nothing is loose. Nothing looked corroded. It's a newer model ( a few...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, today I experienced a near death electric shock. This happened on a single phase domestic property! I was carrying out a few...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock