Discuss What does 'Check CT grid' mean on zappi EVCP install? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon all.

I've just installed my first Zappi.

The customer just wants to plug in the vehicle and is not fussed about WiFi connection. I have checked with Myenergi and the Zappi can run without the need to be connected to the net. However, when I plug the car in it comes up with 'Check CT grid' and will not charge. I cant contact Zappi today as its the bank hol. Just wondered if anyone has had this? Perhaps @Gavin John Hyde ?

Is it anything to do with the use of a CT clamp? I have not installed one as it is a 100a fuse and well within max demand.

A look in the instructions would help here I think.

I expect there is a setting or jumper to use if ct clamp is not connected

Its default is having CT clamp connected, you need to go into settings and disable CT
Page 27 of manual, just done one and was a eye brow raise as previous ones did not default to grid CT
Thanks for that.
I've just been looking at p.27 and it talks mainly about the e-sense. where abouts does it mention disabling the CT? Have attached t he manual I am reading in case they are different.

Attachments

• Zappi-2-Full-Manual-V1_6.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
in the menus for ct settings ct1 is set as default to on and grid ct. with the ct clamp not being connected you need to go back to charger or talk customer through steps and turn ct1 off, then charger wont be looking for the grid ct, at moment its basically open circuit

go into menus, go to advanced enter code 0000 (assuming its not changed) go to ct config, leave the ct int alone as that is the internal one for charging. for ct1 ct2 and ct3 go into each and use the arrow keys to turn to off. this will resolve the problem. zappis have ct1 on as default as they encourage/assume the ct will be fitted.
quite quick and easy and take less than 30secs so you could talk customer through steps. I have got a customer to add a harvi and extra ct for his solar into his zappi over the phone before and he wasnt the most clued up of people with technology

go into menus, go to advanced enter code 0000 (assuming its not changed) go to ct config, leave the ct int alone as that is the internal one for charging. for ct1 ct2 and ct3 go into each and use the arrow keys to turn to off. this will resolve the problem. zappis have ct1 on as default as they encourage/assume the ct will be fitted.
quite quick and easy and take less than 30secs so you could talk customer through steps. I have got a customer to add a harvi and extra ct for his solar into his zappi over the phone before and he wasnt the most clued up of people with technology
That's really helpful Gavin, thankyou 🙂

It worked exactly as you said Gavin.

I could have rang Zappi, which means I could have spent 30 minutes getting through, and then been met with someone who had no idea how to fix the problem, meaning a call back hours later by someone else.

Really appreciate all the help you give regarding EVCP Gavin. It may not seem much to you that little bit of advice you gave above, but It may well have saved me quite a bit of waiting.

I shall know for next time!

Many thanks for your answer, turned CT1 off and now able to charge.

Reply to What does 'Check CT grid' mean on zappi EVCP install? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net