Discuss What's next after Part-P? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum, so I wanted to start off by saying hi.

I am getting back into electrical work (I gaining my 17th Edition and 2392-10 about 2.5 years ago and then returned back to a desk job due to the lack of available work / sites etc) and I am about to take on the challenge of totally rewriting my recently deceased grand-parents house. As such, I'm looking to use this project as my 'main' job for Part-P sign off, before sorting some lighting out at my girlfriend's mum's house for my 'minor' work. Once I've got this under my belt I am not sure what qualifications I should do, as I ultimately want to be a fully qualified sparks. So, can people please recommend the next steps I should take to reach this goal?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

Skimpy Wan

welcome to the forum,
just wondering if your work situation has changed and you have lots of rewires to do or this is a one off, you may be better off waiting until after April the 6th when the new part p changes come in.

as for the qualifications check jib website. really depends what you want to do tho, if you plan to only do domestic work you have all you need. technically

If you're wanting to become fully qualified, and recognised.

As shag says, 2357 diploma...which will involve you going back to college, whether it be nights or full time. Wouldn't recommend re-wiring the house if you've been out the game for 2years5months, but thats just my opinion - only you know what level your 'electrical know-how' is at.

After the diploma, either enroll on 2391 or 2394-2395.

Reply to What's next after Part-P? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net