Discuss What's the most you've earned in one day as a spark? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electromonkey

I was talking to a few guys on a house refurbishment we have been working on and we got talking about the most profit we had ever earned in one day.

I earned £690 on a job that I thought would take 2 1/2 - 3 days but I managed to do it on a nice long 12 hour day. I even said to the customer when I had finished that if she wasn't comfortable with paying me that amount of money then I'd negotiate on the price. She said that that was the agreed price and she was happy with the work. She handed me a wad of cash, I gave her her cert and she didn't even want a receipt!

I gave my wholesaler the cash for my materials and I was left with £690 in my back pocket!

I only wish this happened every day. Saying that, If it happened once a month I'd be happy enough!

So, I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who can beat that?

In the good old days workin with street lighting Best wage in hours wise was
80hrs normal time +80
36 double time = 72
52@ time half = 78
plus stand by allowance £10 a day meals £25 a day call out
this was a couple of weeks during the winter when we assisted with the gritting sat in landrover n went out to wet patches,smaller streets n ambulance ,fire calls We could do nothing all day or we could be running from job to job and as workin like that n not spending much bank ballance at the end of silly season was well above average and as we worked bast 12hrs we had 8hr rest period paid God I use to love the Ts n Cs with the council

£11 per minute, call out on a bank holiday. I lived close to work, drove through the plant in the car. Got out unlocked the switch room, pressed one button, back in car, back to pub!

The one time I turned down a cup of tea!

Use to enjoy the aborted call the day or night before still got paid for a full shift, for putting the feet up. Or better still when we had got the aborted call, then get given another job so getting paid twice for something you would do anyway..

there was a big kick up about a council plumber getting £3k for 1 weeks work He was only guy on call Each call he got 4hrs first 2hrs everyone there after Calls to Burst pipes were to "Eliminate the emergency situation !" ie turn off water drain tank so he was running around making things safe all night but got paud 2hrs@ 1.5time for every job Jobs taking 30mins a piece he also had rest periods paid A couple of weeks like this n he was rolling in it

Twice I was called out 21 times in a week, I was dead on my feet!

The funny bit came when the pay department phoned me. “Would you mind if we pay you for last week spread out over two weeks”. I’m not happy about it but OK, but can I ask why though? “The pay computer only goes up to £999.99 a week”! this was over 20 years ago.

BTW I don’t recommend going on call out during winter!

I have a rule that I never turn work down if I'm able/qualified to do it but if it's a job I don't want I'll quote very high. If it's a customer I don't want (usually the ones with a history of being bad payers) then I'll be rude with the quoted price. I've had the odd one or two jobs where I've really gone to town and for some strange reason the customer has accepted the price and paid in advance, I've ended up make ten times my normal rate.

i earned respect one day,better than money,shame you cant spend it..:hump: tho theres probably gonna be a lot of hot air in this thread..:yawn:

Reply to What's the most you've earned in one day as a spark? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net