Discuss Which fire rated downlighters? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I wouldn't buy them because they are branded LAP. I'm not saying you're wrong (as I haven't used them) but LAP products aren't something I give the benefit of the doubt to.

To be honest, I don't normally use LAP products, but I make an exception for these downlights. The first batch that I fitted were supplied by the client and I was impressed by the product. I've installed dozens more since and have had no problems whatsoever with any of them. Read the product reviews posted by other electricians!

To be honest, I don't normally use LAP products, but I make an exception for these downlights. The first batch that I fitted were supplied by the client and I was impressed by the product. I've installed dozens more since and have had no problems whatsoever with any of them. Read the product reviews posted by other electricians!
I must have had bad batch then from my local screwfix store and refused to use them since but each to their own I’ve seen electricians write good reviews on BG sockets etc and they are s**t

I must have had bad batch then from my local screwfix store and refused to use them since but each to their own I’ve seen electricians write good reviews on BG sockets etc and they are s**t

I can't comment on BG sockets as I've never installed any! I'm strictly Schneider and Hager for sockets and switches.

I fit KSR integrated downlights. I have been doing so for more than 4 years now and can count the failures on one hand out of many many hundreds installed. I can vouch for their quality and after sales service. They make a good range to suit most situations. I have just put some angled ones in for a vaulted ceiling extension this week.

I would not fit anything made by LAP. Well not for anyone I liked anyway.

26 downlights sounds like a big extension.

I used to shout about JCC but since they stopped production of the LED10 and Hybrid9's after I was selling them with a 10 year warranty, I wont touch them now.
Collingwood lighting have a good range, their T2Lite are very reasonably priced and tick all the boxes for me. They also have an on-site calculator of which is useful.
Do you mean H2 lite?

Or buy the non branded Rexel equivalents for a few quid less but only get a 3 year warranty.

I fit KSR integrated downlights. I have been doing so for more than 4 years now and can count the failures on one hand out of many many hundreds installed. I can vouch for their quality and after sales service. They make a good range to suit most situations. I have just put some angled ones in for a vaulted ceiling extension this week.

I would not fit anything made by LAP. Well not for anyone I liked anyway.

26 downlights sounds like a big extension.

It is quite a big L shaped extension. Does it sound like too many lights? How far apart would you space lights that have a 60degree beam?

Reply to Which fire rated downlighters? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock