SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss WiFi operated socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello guys
Client wants to control a load attached to a 13a plug outside.

Initially I was thinking of large ip rated box containing a socket with a WiFi plug adaptor which will be installed outside.

If there an other ways?

Aico 3000 Range

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
D

Deleted member 105166

What is the load/outdoor equipment?
How close to the building?
Does the Wifi need to be outside?

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Any of those Quinetic thingies fit the bill?
It needs to go outside, so a nice IP rating is needed.
Or do you mean get a standard outside socket and put the Quinetic controller inside?

-
Arms
Esteemed
You can get smart/wifi controlled relays although you'd possibly need to add a fuse if removing the plug from the load

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i've used a couple of these for various applications---- outside lights,pond pums etc. no reason not to fit in back of IP65 socket

.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Four-Way-ON-OFF-220V-240V-Light-Digital-Wireless-Wall-Switch-with-Remote-Control/252306287668?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i've used a couple of these for various applications---- outside lights,pond pums etc. no reason not to fit in back of IP65 socket

.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Four-Way-ON-OFF-220V-240V-Light-Digital-Wireless-Wall-Switch-with-Remote-Control/252306287668?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Aren't these only suitable for lights, or am I reading it wrong?

Reply to WiFi operated socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom